1.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any order accepted by REGENCY whether made orally or in writing is subject to these Terms & Conditions. In the event of there being any conflict then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail and shall override any Terms or Conditions stipulated incorporated or referred to by Client in his Order, correspondence or negotiations or otherwise. Neither REGENCY nor the Client shall be bound by any variation, waiver or addition to these conditions or the terms of order except as agreed by both parties in writing.
Cancellation or amendments to orders will only be considered if made in writing by Client to REGENCY and if Client compensates REGENCY for all costs and expenses and loss of profit incurred in relation thereto.
- a) Estimates and Quotations are based on current cost of materials and production and are valid for 30 days.
- b) REGENCY reserves the right to amend any quotation or estimate on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in costs of materials and production.
- c) Quotations are exclusive of VAT which will be payable where applicable on all invoices
- d) All preliminary work carried out whether experimentally or otherwise at Client’s request shall be charged as an extra to the price quoted.
4.SPECIFICATION AND PROOF
- a) REGENCY will take all reasonable care in carrying out work to Client’s specification but accepts no liability for fixtures and fittings provided by the client.
- b) REGENCY shall not be required to carry out any work which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
- c) REGENCY shall be indemnified by Client in respect of any claims, costs, losses and expenses which it may incur as a result of any civil claims or proceedings brought against it arising out of any work carried out for Client when it does not conform to the correct regulations under the clients instructions. This indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on lawyers advise in settlement of any claim.
- d) Wherever practicable a proof will be submitted to Client for approval. REGENCY shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by Client in any proof submitted.
- e) if amendments made by Client necessitate additional proofs, such proofs shall be charged as an extra to the price quoted.
- a) REGENCY will make all reasonable efforts to meet the delivery date quoted on the order but delivery dates are quoted in good faith and should be treated as estimates only. Subject to sub-clause (b) below, where time is not expressly agreed to be of essence of the Contract REGENCY shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense caused by any delay in dispatch or delivery howsoever the same may be caused.
- b) Where it is expressly agreed between REGENCY and Client that time should be of the essence, Client shall nevertheless not be entitled to treat the contract as terminated by reason of any failure of REGENCY to comply with any dispatch or delivery date or time, but REGENCY will accept liability for reasonable loss, damage or expense caused by the failure to comply with the dispatch or delivery date – or times provided that such liability shall not exceed 10% of the invoice price of the work for loss, damage or expense arising directly or indirectly from such delays.
- c) The method and appropriate insurance for delivery will be at the discretion of REGENCY and REGENCY reserves the right to send work by courier and make additional charges as required
- d) Should work be suspended or delivery delayed at the request of the Client for a period of 30 days or more REGENCY shall be entitled to payment for work carried out, materials specifically ordered and other additional costs including storage.
Invoices are payable within the specified date on the emailed invoice unless otherwise agreed. In the event of failure to make payment by the due date interest will be charged at the rate of 8% above the base rate of Barclays Bank from time to time prevailing such interest to accrue on a daily basis.
7.CLAIMS AND LIABILITY
- a) Any defect in or damage to or delay in delivery of materials, excepting those sourced directly by REGENCY, must be notified to REGENCY in writing within 7 days of the date of dispatch. REGENCY shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless such modification has been made.
- b) Where work is defective for any reason REGENCY’s liability shall be limited to rectifying such defect.
8.COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS
- a) Ownership of the copyright in all work created by REGENCY shall rest with REGENCY at all times.
- b) Any materials owned by REGENCY and used by it in production of work for Clients shall remain its exclusive property.
- a) REGENCY undertake to store materials and sources relating to work carried out for Client for a maximum of three years.
- a) Client’s property and all property supplied to REGENCY by and on behalf of Client shall whilst it is in the possession of REGENCY or in transit to or from Client be deemed to be at Client’s risk unless otherwise agreed, and Client should insure accordingly.
- b) Any items can be disposed of by REGENCY if not collected within 12 months.
11.MATERIALS SUPPLIED BY CLIENT
- a) REGENCY may reject any materials supplied or specified by the Client which appear to be unsuitable. Additional costs incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged to Client.
- b) Where materials are supplied or specified, REGENCY will take every care to ensure the best result, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so specified or supplied.
12.INSOLVENCY OR CREDIT RISK
If the Client at any time fails to provide satisfactory proof of credit-worthiness to REGENCY or does not comply with the payment terms under Clause 6 hereof or ceases to pay his debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay his debts as they become due or being a Company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against him, REGENCY without prejudice to other remedies shall have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not), materials purchased for the Client, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him.
In respect of all unpaid debts due from Client REGENCY has a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled upon the expiration of 14 days notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as it thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
14.RETENTION OF TITLE
Notwithstanding Clause 5 the work shall remain the property of REGENCY until paid for in full and Client receives and holds the work in a fiduciary capacity as bailee for REGENCY. In the event of Client’s insolvency or failure to make payments by the due date REGENCY has the right to enter Client’s premises and recover the work. Subject to clause 8(b) above, Client has the right to use/sell the work and the proceeds of such resale (or such part of the proceeds that is owed on the original purchase) shall be held in a separate account to REGENCY’s order and Client shall assign to REGENCY any rights or claim in relation to sub-purchaser.
REGENCY shall be under no liability whatsoever if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, Legislation, War, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-outs, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation of furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the Contract during the continuance of such a contingency the Clients may by written notice to REGENCY elect to terminate the contract and paperwork done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
16.DISCRETION OF REGENCY
REGENCY shall at any time have the right to refuse to continue to carry out work for Client on giving three days written notice to Client. Where such notice is given Client shall immediately be liable to pay REGENCY for all work carried out up to the date of the notice.
17.SEVERABILITY AND WAIVER
In the event that any or one of these terms and conditions shall be found to be void but would be valid if some part thereof were deleted or the period or area of application reduced such term shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make it valid and effective. Failure to enforce these terms and conditions or any of them REGENCY shall not be regarded as a waiver of these terms and conditions.
The contract between REGENCY and the Client shall not be assigned by the Client without the express agreement in writing of REGENCY.
These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- a) Regency employees working hours will normally be restricted to between the hours of 8am and 5pm from Monday to Friday
- b) Regency employees may work additional hours outside the normal working hours subject to the Client & Regency’s approval.