Building Control Details
Here at Regency Loft Conversions we take care of everything, from start to finish we will submit the plans and structural calculations once the plans have been drawn.
From this point we will be in contact with Building Control on a daily basis to arrange all relevant onsite inspections through to the end of the build with the final inspection and completion. Once this is completed the completion certificate is sent out.
Please note you will be notified of all visits in prior advance so you can attend.
Detail listed below for full Building Control detail and regulations:
- All plans and calculations submitted on your behalf.
- All correspondence with building control.
- Fees to be paid for by client details listed below in exclusions section.
Building Control Inspection process:
- The building inspector will be booked in by Regency Loft Conversions for all the relevant inspections that are required throughout the build so the final certificate can be issued.
- The approved building inspector will inspect the installation of your loft conversion at relevant stages of the build for your satisfaction and peace of mind.
- When the building inspector has completed his final inspection, the final certificate will then be issued. A copy will be retained by Regency Loft Conversions and a copy will be forwarded to the client and the local authority.
- Please note all loft conversions completed by Regency Loft Conversions comply to full current building regulations at all times.
- A list of the full inspections times are listed in the schedule of works document for your records and convenience, please note you will be notified of all inspections visits in case you wish to be onsite.
Building Control Payments
- A building inspection fee of approximately £700 + VAT must be paid to the Building Inspector.
Building Control Payment Process:
- Please note the invoice from the building inspector will be sent directly to you for payment following the submission of plans and calculations by Regency Loft Conversions.
- The payments process is an easy process and just requires you to pay the invoice via one of the options offered to you by the building inspectors.
- If you have any problems with this please do not hesitate to contact Regency head office to help you out.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT BUILDING CONTROL
- The Local Authority Regulations stipulates that a loft conversion must comply with building regulations. The regulations guarantee that your loft conversion is structurally safe in the event of a fire. Full compliance ensures you will receive full certification for the work, which is required for the sale of your property.
- If a Local Authority hears of a loft conversion undertaken without approval then potentially heavy fines can be imposed on both sides.
- It is not anticipated that any further work will be needed to complete the contract, however, if the building inspector requires any work over and above what is listed in the proposal, then it is your responsibility to finance the work that is requested. For example the building inspector may notice defects elsewhere in your home such as faulty electrics in older properties, chimney flashing leaks, or existing doors not closing correctly. By completing all work issued by the building inspector you will be ensuring your home complies with current regulations.